Background

Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Man











My hubby woke me up this morning bright and early. I'm fighting a cold and I wanted to sleep in, and was in fact in the middle of a dream. I wasn't too happy. He turned on some acoustic music which is one of my faves and I started to think about all the people in my life who are alone and want to be loved and can't find anyone. Or the widows and widowers who miss their spouses and I realized how blessed I am. Blessed beyond measure. My husband is a gift from God and I need to remember that when he doesn't put away his laundry, and when he cooks and drops food on the floor and doesn't pick it up, or wakes me up too early. Because we'll not have each other forever. It's a precious gift that's lasted 28 years and who knows how much longer I'll be allowed to keep it. But it's mine and I hear him in there making homemade spaghetti sauce and the acoustic music is playing and I'm HAPPY!

No comments: