Background

Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, Monday

Work, work, work...

I really do love my job. It's interesting, the people are fun, it's varied enough to keep me from being bored out of my mind. But it is work. I work to live not live to work.

Had dinner with my daughter and her live in boyfriend last night. Do people even use that term anymore. I've been out of the loop so long I haven't a clue. It's funny because when Martin asked for my hand in marriage my dad's first words were, "You can't bring her back." Then he said, "I'll give you money if you'll elope." To which my mother replied, "Why don't the two of you just live together." I could not believe it...I was more conservative than my parents...who can say that? It's not strange in my family. I've always been more conservative than EVERYONE in my family and I like it that way. It's funny though because my kids are more like my parents and brothers and sisters. Go figure! The dinner was very nice and it was nice to visit with them.

No comments: