Background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hospitality


I am, by nature, a lover of parties! Dinner parties, card parties, baby showers, Christmas parties, birthday parties...party, party, party. And I'm usually the one initating the parties. I host the party, plan the party, and purchase supplies for the party. Thankfully, I have a great husband and a best friend who help me prep and clean up after the party. I love dishes and so my parties rarely involve paper of any kind, even paper napkins. I prefer cloth napkins, glasses, silverware. I go all out. I have even talked to my husband about changing houses because ours isn't conducive to entertaining. The issue is that we are rarely asked to others homes in return. I don't give parties or invite other so that they will invite me back. That being said it gets a little pricey always being the one putting on the parties and so I've cut way back. It would also be nice to be a guest rather than the host all the time. I feel sad about it and I'm hoping some time that I feel differently. That is all!

No comments: