Background

Monday, February 25, 2008

Making a big change

Well I decided to go on FMLA to stay home with my mom. Its a big step...and pretty scary. But Mom needs me. So...I'm doing it. I'm going to try to keep this up everyday. Maybe it'll keep me from going crazy...of course that's not to say I wasn't crazy beforehand. LOL!

Saturday she was asking if I would phone her mom. Her mom died before I was born. She said she knew she wasn't here, but she just wanted to talk to her. that was pretty rough to hear. We had a funeral and she was with my sister-in-law and my sister. When we came home she was worn out.

Yesterday was quiet. My sister came to stay with her and I got out to go to the store. That was nice.

Today was a little hectic. I have to get into a routine. Laundry, meals, cleaning, etc. She's pretty weepy today. And she was concerned she couldn't remember anything. But for some reason she had a memory of when she was 15. She used to roller skate at Mammoth Gardens. I'm sure not many people remember that place. Anyway, she says she remembers skating around in a white corduroy skirt and a navy blue sweater and she remembers falling and soldiers picking her up and asking her to skate. It was my sister she was remembering. Funny how your mind works huh? She's sleeping now. I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night.

No comments: